Thursday, April 5, 2012

The evening of day 5

This day has been rough! Our bodies feel so weak! We have been eating large portions and snacking on fruits, berries, nuts, and smoothies throughout the week in addition to our planned meals. Even so, we are sore everywhere. We took a nap this afternoon and boy did we need it! Our digestive system is definitely clearing out toxins to say the least. I do still feel like I am getting sick, so I have been drinking EmergenC.

This afternoon, we had 30 Clove Garlic Soup. It was very easy to make and was very delicious. I spooned out the chunks of potato before blending the rest so we would have some textural difference. Brilliant idea. :D We omitted the parmesan and didn't eat any bread.


For dinner, I improvised a bit. I found a great recipe for Creamy Vegan Mashed Potatoes! They were so yummy. I also made a gravy, I found a video online somewhere. I did cheat a bit and used a tablespoon on flour in the gravy. It was vegetable broth, flour, garlic, thyme, and olive oil. I also blanched a ton of asparagus. Very yummy. Roman really enjoyed tonight's dinner.

Two more days until we can finally eat some quinoa and salmon! Can't wait. Hopefully I will have enough energy to get back to my workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment